Are you a digital nomad? If so, you know that finding the proper workspace is key to your success. A coworking space can provide the perfect environment to get work done, meet new people, and network with other professionals. This guide will discuss the ten benefits of coworking spaces for digital nomads.
What are digital nomads, and what do they need from a coworking space?
A digital nomad is “a person who uses technology to earn a living and conduct their life in a nomadic manner.” In other words, they are location-independent workers who often work remotely. Due to the nature of their work, digital nomads need a few key things from a coworking space:
- A reliable internet connection
- A comfortable place to work
- Access to like-minded professionals
So, what are the benefits of coworking spaces for digital nomads? Let’s take a look!
The top 10 benefits of coworking spaces for digital nomads
Coworking spaces can provide digital nomads with:
A sense of community
One of the best things about coworking spaces is the sense of community they can provide. Working from home can make it easy to feel isolated and alone. However, when you become a coworking space member, you will instantly have access to a community of like-minded professionals. This can be a great way to make long-lasting connections and friendships for nomads who travel often.
A professional environment
If you’ve ever tried to work from a coffee shop, you know it’s not always the ideal situation. Coworking spaces are designed specifically for professionals who need a comfortable and productive workplace—no more fighting for outlets or struggling to find a quiet place to make phone calls!
A productive environment
In addition to being comfortable, coworking spaces are also designed to be highly productive. When you work in a shared space, you’ll often find that you’re more likely to stay focused and get things done. This is because coworking spaces are designed to promote productivity. They usually have features like private meeting rooms, event spaces, and common areas that you can use to take a break or collaborate with others.
Discounts and perks
Many coworking spaces offer discounts and perks to their members. For example, some spaces offer discounts on events, classes, and workshops. Others may offer complimentary coffee or snacks, a printer/scanner access, or even discounted rates at local hotels, gyms, and restaurants. When you become a coworking space member, be sure to ask about any discounts or perks that may be available!
Increased mental health
When you work from home, it can be easy to let your work life bleed into your personal life, and this can lead to increased stress levels and a decrease in your overall mental health and well-being. However, it’s easier to draw a line between work and play when you have a dedicated workspace, which can lead to improved mental health and overall well-being. In addition, some coworking spaces even allow pets. If you’re the type of person to get stressed out at work, consider bringing your furry friend along!
A boost in creativity
When you work from home, it can be easy to fall into a creative rut. However, when you work in a shared space with other creatives, you’ll often find that your creativity levels increase. This is because working close to others can help spark new ideas and collaboration. By surrounding yourself with other creatives, you can gain a fresh perspective and boost your creativity.
Flexibility and freedom
Another great thing about coworking spaces is that they offer flexibility and freedom. For example, some spaces offer month-to-month memberships, so you’re not tied to a long-term lease. This can be especially beneficial for nomads who are always on the move. In addition, many coworking spaces offer 24/hour access so that you can work on your own schedule. Nomads come from all different time zones, which can be a great way to accommodate everyone.
Build skills and knowledge
Coworking spaces are melting pots of different industries and professions. This means you’ll have the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and learn new skills. For example, if you’re a freelance writer, you may meet a web developer who can help you build your website or a graphic designer who can help you create visuals for your articles. In addition, many coworking spaces offer events, workshops, and classes that can help you build new skills and knowledge.
Attract more clients
If you work in a coworking space, you will likely attract new clients or customers. This is because potential clients will see you as part of a professional community. In addition, they will also be able to easily find your contact information and learn more about your business.
When you work in a coworking space, you’ll have access to amenities you may not have at home. For example, many spaces offer Wi-Fi, printers/scanners, and fully stocked kitchens. Some spaces even provide on-site childcare, gyms, and showers. If you’re looking for a complete work-life balance, consider working in a space with amenities like these.
Types of coworking spaces
When it comes to coworking spaces, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Thankfully, there are various types of coworking spaces to choose from.
Here are a few different types of coworking spaces:
- Traditional coworking space: A traditional coworking space is a shared office space typically open to anyone. These spaces often have a variety of membership options and amenities.
- Industry-specific coworking space: These spaces are geared towards professionals in specific industries. For example, there are coworking spaces for writers, artists, and lawyers. Industry-specific coworking spaces often offer resources and amenities tailored to the industry’s needs.
- Dedicated desk: A dedicated desk is a workspace reserved for one person. These desks are usually located in an open area within a coworking space.
- Private office: A private office is a wholly enclosed workspace and can be locked. Businesses or teams typically use these offices, but some coworking spaces offer them to individuals.
- Coliving space: A coliving space is a shared living space with coworking spaces. These spaces are often used by digital nomads who want to live and work in the same place.
How much do coworking spaces cost?
The cost of coworking spaces can vary depending on the type of space, location, and amenities.
As a rough estimate, here are some different pricing plans:
- Monthly membership (individual): Most coworking spaces offer monthly memberships, which give you access to the space for an unlimited number of days each month. Prices typically range from $50 to $250 per month.
- Monthly membership (private office): A private office is a workspace that is completely enclosed and can be locked. The monthly membership cost for a private office will depend on the size of the office and how many people will be using it.
- Day pass: If you only need access to a coworking space for a day or two, you can purchase a day pass. These passes typically cost between $20 and $40 per day.
- Hourly rates: Some coworking spaces offer hourly rates for those who need occasional access to the space. Rates typically range from $5 to $25 per hour.
Coworking spaces provide several benefits for digital nomads, including but not limited to: increased productivity, more opportunities for networking and collaboration, access to amenities, and more. In addition, there are various types of coworking spaces to choose from, so you can find one that fits your needs and budget. If you’re looking for a space to increase your productivity while networking with other professionals, consider coworking.